Friday, December 15, 2006

My Thomas Wolfe 8k


This is me... In the red shirt. This was the end of the Thomas Wolfe 8k race in Asheville, NC on Sept 30, 2006. One thing I have not figured out, was that the man I raced to the finish was (from another photo of the beginning of the race) was standing right next to me when the gun went off at the start... STRANGE! Not to brag, but I beat him to the line at least. In my opinion this finish was simply my best performance in a public competition in my life! I have always seemed to take a more passive approach. However, this day I was in the "Zone". a true 110%. This guy really gave me a run for the money. You can not see it in this photo, but the last 200 yards was all cobble stone in the downtown historic district... I remember thinking... "If I fall the road rash will heal, If I beat this guy O The Glory!" In the heat of the moment I herd a There goes my boy! Ha Ha! It was my Dad. At just the right time he was there.. Thanks Dad! I finished in 42:42. Good Times...

No comments: