Friday, December 15, 2006

Yes... Running Truck Drivers...?

Greetings world... Is is all new to me, Blogging and all, but here it goes! My name is DC and I am a runner who just happens to drive a truck. Yes 18 wheels and all. Which, from a running perspective is quite unique. Waking up in a different city each morning makes for some great running opportunities. Sight seeing, meeting new people and just getting a feel for a new city, all from the comfort of a pair of Nike Pegasus pounding the ground. In the near future I will begin posting these experiences and happenings from around the country (USA) from a running truckers point of view.
I just had a great run in Charleston, West Virginia. About 10 miles, from McCorkle Ave S of I-77 down the bike trail to a bridge across the river and north to the Capital Building and Capital Complex. It was a great morning in the high 40's with fog rising off the river and the dome of the capital enveloped in fog showing only the faintest outline in the morning sky. I ran to the base of the Abraham Lincoln Statue touched the toe of his right boot and proceeded to the stairs leading up to the entrance ( I have to admit, I felt like Stalone in Rocky!) I had to take 5 and just soak it all in. So, based on this thrill, I hope to (when I can get within about five to seven miles of a State Capital) take a tour of each of the State Capital grounds that I pass through. In the mean-time I will simply be thankful that I wake up each morning with the ability to RUN!
Merry Christmas to all! More coming soon! DC

1 comment:

Dr. Monte said...

DC,

I just found your blog via Technorati. What a great story, and what a great idea to blog your running experiences as you travel the country in your work as a trucker. I suspect that before long you're going to be heading out for a run from a truck stop and discover one or two other truckers have picked up on your example.

Thanks for linking to my podcast, I appreciate the support.

Dr. Monte
Fitness Rocks Podcast
www.fitnessrocks.org