Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Hi! Lucy, you have some splaning to dooo.....

Hi,

Well, as you noticed I have been away for just over a week. My apologises for my disappearance. But here I am. I have been quite busy with a few new ventures in my life. The first being, just being at home more. You see, I am a runner and a trucker, and the list goes on. But about the trucker part. Driving can be quite a "romantic" thing. Rolling up and down the highways of this great country. However it's not the best way to watch your children grow up. You see, I have a little girl here at home that is essentially growing up without her daddy because I have been on the road so much. Not to mention ALL of the work that my wife has to do to take my place. Hence, I am at home now. DC the running trucker, after more than 11 years is becoming DC The Runner. I do hope that you understand were I am coming from. I will continue on with this blog and most likely will slowly merge into another including producing a podcast in the next few months. Something that I have been planning on and even have gotten started on episode #1, but this and that have happened.

My running continues on. I continue to feel stronger than ever after the Knoxville Marathon. I am currently keeping my eyes open for another in the next six weeks or so. I am open to suggestions if you know of a good one out there. I have been having alt of fun with the "Presidential Challenge" witch I signed up for last week and have been chopping away at my "point" to earn first my "Bronze Medal" then I hope to continue on to the "Silver" and "Gold". You can check it out for yourself at http://www.presidentschallenge.org/ it's just another fun way to motivate you in your running and I'm having a blast!

I would also like to say CONGRATULATIONS! to Steve Runner of Pheddipidations at www.SteveRunner.com for his successful running of the 111th Boston Marathon! High Five Steve! We are all so proud of you!

I want to thank you for stopping by and please understand, this is not the end of anything, just the beginning of something much more grand! I will still be here, Posting to my nutty little blog! Thanks DC

No comments: