Thursday, April 5, 2007

My First Marathon, By: DC 04h.07m.40s

I have reached the other side. Looking over my shoulder I can see who I was and in front of me who I am becoming, while standing here, understanding who I am. The race was run, the pain and euphoria felt. The friendships on that level never before experienced... made. Wholly and totally I have given. But not until challenged in this way had I ever given ALL. Crossing the line I felt such bliss. And in a different way, sadness. For it was just a passing moment. Something to be celebrated, then mourned for it's passing. This day of accomplishment not soon forgotten I'm sure. Time will pass, the pain will fade. But my memories will remain. Anxious to run into another sunrise and feel the light on my skin. As my feet begin to stick the earth, I know, I will feel new again. Here's to the future and all it may bring. For my recent past has surely made me a new man. DC 4h.07m.40s.
©dcbuchanan

No comments: