Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Greetings! Home From Miami...

Well I could start this by trying to catch-up and write three or so separate posts, but, no. Here we go, I made it home Friday evening (remember I ran the day before in Miami at 80F) and my run the first night home was 30F+/- and I past an awesome mile stone (for this newbe runner)... My first mile 07:47... My second mile 15:34! a neutral split for TWO miles! I was SO STOKED! I really had to take it easy the last 4 miles or so, but man what a run. I kept hearing a statement out of a book I've been reading "Run from the hips!" It worked! Speed Goggles Man! HA HA!

The next night (Saturday), I just was not that lucky, I just had great difficulty "getting into it" the first two were a 7:36 followed by and 8:32 and down from that point on. The outside of my right knee was killing me and my left shin was on it's way out... I got it completed though.

Sundays are now for my long runs though I have only recently understood the importance of them in regards to the glycogen factor not to mention psychologically to boot. I did my J2J (Journey To Junaluska). A route I layed out to get a decent distance plus good hill work and got 12+ good miles in. At the slower "long run pace" I have much less pain and feel alot may just be over use, but more on that at a later date.

Monday, I took off and had a date with my new "Core Ball" at least that's what I call it. If it can make Brook Burk look as good as she does then I KNOW that it's bound to help an ole' guy like myself! Ha! I'll tell you what I like working with free weights from time to time, but this deal takes the cake. I literally shake from the inside using this thing!

Tonight, I had planned on taking the night off and work the ball again, however when my little Bro' (who is taller that I) told me that he may be in the mood for a 8:30pm run, well I just could not pass that up! We had a great run, nice slow at a "conversational pace"...Good Times. We had not had the opportunity in over 7 months.

In the next couple of weeks I will be posting some info based on my experiences with something I have been experimenting with. "ION Foot Baths" have you every heard of this? Really big in Europe, the elite seem to have been doing it here in the states for a while. People with many different ailments have been getting relief using this process. Here's what you could do, just Google IONIC FOOT BATH or ION FOOT BATH and take a close look at the info there. I am sure that you will find it VERY interesting. Trust Me... Thanks for stopping by and reading about DC's happenings, Run Strong,DC

No comments: