Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I Know, It Wasnt For The Squeemish...

I hope that the last photo didn't bother you that bad.
I just wanted to show what can happen when you don't
pay attention. I was so excited about my new shoes
that I failed to check my orthotics for fit. I, as you
can see discovered that the left one had a small burr
that puckered with each step, which in turn created
the only blister I have had in my adult life. This
morning I hit a pharmacy wide open and to my surprise
had everything to fix me up... A box of new skin, tape
foam, athletic tape and some snips. Would You Believe
that I took a 8.4 mile run this afternoon? I STILL
CANT! i also found a product that I used today for the
first time BAND-AID Blister Block. I have noticed that
on my longer runs that the bottoms of my feet get
tender, not any more! I highly recommend this stuff!...
makes your skin slick! All of this happening just 10
days before my first marathon! Made me just a bit
nervous! But All Is Well... Thank you for reading, DC

No comments: