Wednesday, January 17, 2007

79F In January...

OK, So I had to drive south 500 miles to work up one
heck of a sweat... IT WAS WORTH EVERY MILE! If you
have seen my Workout Log you know that I am quite
adjusted to running at night in the mtns of north
carolina (this winter 11F to 35F so far). Today was a
real treat & real taste of summer. A great run though
I did take two water breaks because of the heat. I
know that I got at least five good miles in. I got a
bit bummed out when I kept finding the end of the
sidewalk! This ever happen to you? With no real
shoulder I just found some good side roads and kept
going, still a very enjoyable day followed by a great
sunset. Now I'm headed back to NC where the current
temp is 22F... Thats truckn... burrr

1 comment:

Mal James said...

DC
keep up the words great to read of your adventures nothng better than a good store robbery to add to the speed , just be careful not to rubberneck whilst running. You can run into lamposts
Cheers
Mal