Sunday, January 7, 2007

A Nice Busy Week


Greetings! I had some great opportunities this week. First of all I am very happy that I was able to break 30 miles this week, Yeah! I know there quite a few of you out there that probably smoke that... But I'm getting there. It's been a great road to travel! I was able to get a 5.24 mile run in, in the small mountain town of Black Mountain,NC on Tuesday evening. Hence the photo, I'm not a fan of photos of myself, I just like to document that I was really there and in the future I'm sure that it will be fun looking back... Black Mountain is a awesome place to just set into your stride and take in the sights. A lot of coffee shops, antiques stores, backpacking and outdoorsport stores line the streets in an "old mountain style".
As you may know I drive and 18 wheeler over the road". This week took me up to Pittsburgh,Pa and then over to the Youngstown, OH area. the second day Wednesday I found myself just too tired to get out and run. However that was a different story when Thursday rolled around. Driving down through the east and then south east side of Youngstown I drove through a small town by the name of Poland,OH. The town itself was beautiful. I came to the junction of 616 and 224 and saw a small park area with a clock tower and large bronze sculpture and knew that if I could I wanted this place to be my destination for this mornings run... I mean how often do you get to "Run to Poland"? I eventually located the shippers address, as I had a 10am appt. With parking scarce I headed about 2 miles south and found a Truck Stop as a starting point for my run. I had a great time. from the beginning I decided that I would not look back. Eyes ahead and run I said... By the time I had made it to the clock tower in Polland that I had seen earlier I was 1:06:00 into my run! I was surprized! To make a long story short, I'm very glad Steve at http://www.steverunner.com had suggested ShotBlocks They got me through. Lately if I go over say 40 minutes running I am getting VERY hungry during my run. This run turned out to be 14.19 miles as per mapmyrun.com and finished in 2:18:30 I believe it was. Almost a bit more than I could chew for that morning, BUT, I Ran To Poland!

No comments: