Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Howdy, Surprize?...

Greetings and Welcome...

Well over the last week I have been "Running Local" meaning that I drive to work, take trailers to be loaded or unloaded and take them back to the yard. And then a wonderful thing... I Get to go home for the evening until the next morning. It"s great to walk into the house and hear my little girl say "Daddy your home!" Something often missed by "Truck Drivers" everywhere.

I have been really contemplating something over the last week also... A DCTheRunningTrucker Podcast. Each evening and occasionally morning I take a few minutes to do research on how to get started. I mean come on, I just discovered blogging in December, so you know I'm abit behind times. I have been "practicing" my runcast. Which I found is not as easy as Steve Runner of Phidippidations and Nigel of Running From The Reaper make it sound. I really do have to adjust my pace, since I'm used to running alone and not speaking. My next question... Will anyone listen? I'm looking for ideas on content and music, mostly it will just be a running trucker talking about what he sees in any town USA.

Over the last week I decided to just take it easy. Feeling as I was closing in on burnout, I took two days and just rested. Have you had that experience?.. Just no get up and go? Shoot me some ideas on how to get though it, would you? It's been pretty rough. I got back to it again last night with a five miler and today with an all out DC sprint around the one mile block around my neighborhood, which was a 7:27/mile, not bad for a sedentary truck driver, Ha Ha. I'm quite sure that most of you can smoke me out there.

I'm on my way back to the truck in a few minutes. Now it's time for a quick Cleavland, OH turn, then possibly home for the week-end. I will try to shoot a few picks from my mobile on the way, Thank you for taking the time to read this Truckers Blog, DC

Send me some Ideas!

No comments: