Saturday, February 24, 2007

Advice I Read... Really Helped!

Recently I found a copy of Bob Glovers's "The Running Handbook". It has turned out to be a great purchase! THough it has been somewhat hard to read thru all of the tips and scheduals for new runners, I have simple been trying to remember the advise so that I can pass that on in the event I get to talk with a new runner. Today I was reading about "Your First Marathon". I am not a marathoner (yet) I hope to change my status on April 1 of this year in Knoxville,TN by the way ;). And the tips for starting out slow, for some reason, just "clicked". So after I got off work today I headed over to "JusRunning" ( jusrunning.com ) in Asheville,NC talked with them a few and set out from there on a run. Man, I felt like that little pink bunny baterey salesman guy... I stayed focused on my pace, and just took the time to enjoy my surroundings... What an AWESOME RUN I had! I highly recomend a copy of this book. If you don't already have one. You have to remember, I am a bonafied "NEWBY" at all this running stuff, so much is knew to me (almost everything other than left, right, left, right, ect) I'm very excited! I got a little over 9 miles in tonight. Which included running through UNC-asheville, through downtown and up town mountain to "The Grove Park Inn" that was super cool, then down the mountain through all of the surrounding pristine neighborhoods... I felt great when I finished. I'm going to shoot for a 16 miler soon, I'm curious.

No comments: