Saturday, February 3, 2007

An AWESOME Run!


Howdy! Well, I finally have some great news for myself. I wasn't falling apart after-all. Over the last few weeks I have mentioned that I would run my first three miles at a pretty fast pace, but then have to take one or two walks of a minute each. One after the first two miles and one after the third, then I found I could just run and run until I felt like stopping. However I just didn't understand the whole walking thing. I just could not figure out why after all of these months of running walk free why was I needing the walks now? Now I know. I WAS TIRED. and NEEDED REST. I took two days this week and rested, stretched and worked on a new set of exercises targeting my sins and calves. Then had to take a third (yesterday) due to my schedule at work (Cleveland,OH and back in a shot). AND MAN! Tonight what a difference! I felt great and finished with a nice 8:18 min/mile average for 5.25 miles! Not bad for a 38 year old steering wheel holding Trucker!

It was a nice cold night by the way. 15F when I stepped out the door and 12F when I returned. No wind thank goodness and I got started at 1:35am. The only people that I saw was two of Waynesville's Finest (Local Police) and two cars who's drivers both had to slow down and stare... Guess that it must seem a little strange seeing a guy run down the road at 1:45in the morning wearing running tights with a flashing red LED on his hat after having a couple at the bar...! Ha Ha!

Mal James of "point one of one percent" I got it figured out man! I'm absolutely ecstatic! Just a little rest was all it took! (Thought I was loosing it) Thanks Man! DC

No comments: