Thursday, February 22, 2007

I Made It to Massachusetts!

Well after a bullet run up here to Massachusetts (hope I spelled that correct) from North Carolina, bringing more orange juice than one person could ever drink... Here I am! I was quite tired and needed rest this morning so... I found a safe place to park slept and wa-la, re-charged and ready to take an evening run. The sun was setting and I woke up hungry, so I did what any runner would do. I walked over to the Chinese Food Rest. ordered a chicken fried rice to go, took it to the truck, got changed into my running shorts and I was off. It had been a nice day (slept with the truck off and windows cracked) but now it was getting cool...quick! I checked out the surrounding area via moble.google.com or was that google.moble.com,anyway I found that there was a state part just a mile or so down the road (Watson Pond State Park) There was a beautiful sunset as I ran, and the autos where courteous and moved over enough to keep me from becoming road kill. I did a short warm up down and around a shopping center,out and through an old cemetery (I aways say "just passin' through") just in case...;) and on to the state park. At this time of afternoon there was not alot to see, just a beautiful frozen pond (as big as a lake in my book) I took a pic as I usually do, and headed back. My rice was still warm when I got to the truck, Mmmmm. It was a fairly short run, but at least I can say "I've ran in Massachusetts!

No comments: